WHAT NOT TO DO IN AN INTERVIEW
- Do not ask about salary or benefits. We will negotiate better salary and benefits for you. If asked directly, tell them you are more interested in the position and you are sure they will come up with a fair offer. If pushed, tell them your current salary, but that you are open for negotiation.
- Do not rely on your resume to sell yourself. It is just a piece of paper. Companies don’t hire resumes.
- Don’t answer questions with single words – (ie. yes or no, when you are given the chance to briefly explain why you are a good fit).
- Do not bash your last or current employer. It only makes you look bad.
- Do not interrupt the interviewer
- Do not discuss anything controversial or overly personal (ie. religion, your last divorce, etc, that has nothing to do with the job)
- Do not ramble about things that were not asked.
- Do not wear too much perfume or cologne.
- Do not act like you are a “know-it-all”.