STARTING A NEW JOB
Successful tips for your new job
- When you arrive at your new job, spend some time with the supervisor to ensure you understand your duties / responsibilities and what is expected of you.
- Be adaptive, flexible and ready to pitch in wherever you are needed.
- Don’t be in a hurry to criticize the way things are done, or make special requests.
- Take time to learn company policies and procedures.
- If you would like to make suggestions, find a way to do so in a constructive, non-confrontational fashion.
- Good ideas are always welcome if they are presented in a diplomatic manner
- Show initiative and take ownership for your work.
- Don’t feel ashamed to ask for help when needed.
- Always remember to have a positive attitude.
- Keep your supervisor up to date on your progress.
- Don’t ask to leave early or come late when you are still a new employee