Tanto003@umn.edu| 651.795.9912 | Linkedin/mokhtar-tantoush
UNIVERSITYOFMINNESOTA Bachelor ofCivil Engineering
September 2014 – May 2018
College of Science and Engineering
Project Management & Engineering Economics
Steel & Reinforced Concrete Design
Reinforced Concrete II
Construction Plan Reading
Soil Mechanics 1 & 2
Circuits 1 & 2
Managerial & Financial Accounting
AutoCAD • Civil 3D • MATLAB • Microsoft Word • Power Point• Excel• Outlook • Microsoft Project •
C ++ • Java • Verilog • Bluebeam • Revit • SAP2000 • SLIDE.
MTS testing machine •
Shear box assembly •
Triaxial compression apparatus • Oscilloscope • Function generator.
English & Arabic
Al Madinah Culture Center •
Interdisciplinary Transportation Student Organization• American Society of Civil Engineers UMN • Minnesota International Student Association.
UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA|RESEARCH ASSISTANT
•Examine pedestrian safety in St. Paul city by collecting data of various intersections and analyzing the data.
•Test engineering, enforcement, and public safety efforts to prove the rate of cars and other vehicles yielding to pedestrians.
•Analyze the effectiveness of previous and newly implemented safety plans to increase yielding and slow driving near pedestrians.
ALAZEEMA CONSTRUCTION COMPANY |ASSISTANT SUPERVISOR
August2012–July 2013|Tripoli, Libya.
•Kept track of the materials received and used by counting inventory and updating the Excel spreadsheets.
•Communicated the material needs of coworkers to supervisor.
DISABILITY RESOURCE CENTER UMN| ACCESS ASSISTANT
• Assisted students with disabilities in classes and labs by describing visuals and taking notes.
• Converted data from one format to another including Kurzweil, RTF and Braille to make it accessible to students with disabilities.
FLOOR DESIGN| CONCRETE II CLASS |SPRING 2018
•Designed an intermediate floor in a ten-story building with edge beams and drop panels at all interior columns.
•Selected the slab thickness and the reinforcement for the typical interior and exterior equivalent frames using DDM.
•Preformed the checks for one-way (beam) shear and the two-way (punching) shear, and the moments in the equivalent frames.
•Generated a cost breakdown for the floors design.
SITE REDEVELOPMENT FOR OFFICE AND MANUFACTURING USE | SENIOR DESIGN |SPRING 2018
• Developed a preliminary site plan and grading plan with an emphasis on ADA accessibility.
• Performed a storm water analysis and designed storm water treatment, andprepared final plans and detailed drawings.
UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA|SOCIAL JUSTICE PROGRAM MEMBER
•Explored the issues of social justice to be an agent for a positive social change.
UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA|WELCOME WEEK LEADER
February2016–October 2016 |Minneapolis,MN
• Created a welcoming and inclusive environment for new first-year students, and supported the logistics of the Welcome Week program.
• Examine pedestrian safety in St. Paul city by collecting data of various intersections and analyzing the data.
• Test engineering, enforcement, and public safety efforts to prove the rate of cars and other vehicles yielding to pedestrians.
• Analyze the effectiveness of previous and newly implemented safety plans to increase yielding and slow driving near pedestrians.
• Kept track of the materials received and used by counting inventory and updating the Excel spreadsheets.
• Communicated the material needs of coworkers to supervisor.