· Excellent experience in analysis and design of bridges – decks, beams, piers, piles and retaining walls. TXDOT, FDOT.
· Excellent knowledge of AASHTO, LRFD, AREMA, Load rating, NBIS, ASCE 7, ACI 318-14, AISC and PCI Manual.
· Passed PE Structural exam, October 2019. Ability to obtain PE within a year.
Post-Doctoral Research Engineer, Clemson University, Clemson, South Carolina. 08/2015 to 01/2019
· Structural modeling, determination of dead loads, live loads and reliability assessment.
· Performance evaluation based on retrofit, deterioration, load rating calculations and location specific hazard.
· Structural analysis and design evaluation of components. Bridge deck, pier and pile. ACI 318-14 and PCI Manual.
· Structural deterioration models, validation and verification. Developed simulations for component damage and repair.
· Mentoring students, preparation of technical reports, articles and weekly meetings with collaborators.
Research Engineer, Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida. 10/2009 to 08/2015
· Analysis and design of concrete bridge, steel bridges and foundations. (STAAD, MS Excel, MicroStation and LPile).
· Fatigue study of steel bridges based on design documents, sensor data and strain data. Data analysis and graph plots.
· Design load calculations (ASCE 7), structural vibration studies and performance improvement of cable stayed bridge.
· Wind loading and analysis of long span bridges (NSF #1252736) and buildings (FL Sea Grant NA140AR4170108).
· Knowledge of AASHTO spec, rehabilitation and National Bridge Inspection Standards (NBIS). FDOT Manual.
Research Engineer, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, Virginia. 08/2007 to 10/2009
· Analysis and design of prestressed beam, composite slab based on TXDOT Manual and ACI 318.
· Finite element analysis FEA of bridge decks, vibration and impact factor. ANSYS.
· Composite deck design evaluation, corrosion modelling and rehabilitation recommendations. MicroStation, Excel.
Assistant Engineer, Public Works Department (Government Subsidiary), Kerala, India. 10/2006 to 08/2007
· Structural design, evaluation of bids and negotiations for State (Budget $3M). AUTOCAD, MS Excel, MS Word.
· Obtaining technical and administrative approvals, attending audits by State and communications with State.
· Bridge repair, inspections and issue of fitness certificates, recommendation for retrofits and follow up.
Junior Engineer, Baytur contracting, Dubai. 07/2005 to 10/2006
· Overall quality check for structural and architectural trades in Palm Jumeirah Apartments, Dubai (Budget $10M).
· Interdepartmental meetings, addressing RFIs, Field Memos, closing out Non Conformance Reports and material testing.
· Pile integrity tests, retaining wall concrete repair, water tightness and concrete quality checks.
Project Engineer, Al Amwaj, Dubai. 10/2004 to 07/2005
· Analysis, design, estimation, approvals for architectural trades for Commercial, Healthcare and Power facilities.
· Quantity take off and payment certificates. Trained subordinates on quality control measures. AUTOCAD, MS Excel.
Construction Engineer, Shoba Developers, 08/2003 to 09/2004
· Spearheaded construction of dorm facility. Completed construction from footing to final snag and handover to client.
Internship, Roads and Bridges Development Corporation of Kerala Ltd., 12/2002
· Construction and quality control of bridges – boring logs, bearing piles, integrity test, concrete design and box girder.
· Ph.D. Structural Engineering Florida State University, Florida Fall 2014
· M.S. Civil engineering – Structural Virginia Tech, Virginia Fall 2008
· B. S. Civil Engineering N.I.T. Calicut, India Fall 2003