Curtis Dale Wilson, P.E., R.P.L.S.
512-894-0283 (home) 512-913-1236 (cell)
Design, construction and project management engineer, courageous business owner and leader with 35 years of experience in contract, project and operational management. Entrepreneurial achievements include successful establishment of businesses, and marketing in the public and private sectors. Led over 80 employees through multiple economic cycles. Sought after technical expert. Creative, communicative, and analytical decision maker. Professional Engineer and Surveyor. Controlled internal budgets in excess of $4M. Currently located in the Central Texas area.
Contracts and Negotiations
Facilities Planning / Management
Client Relationship Cultivate
P&L / Budget Administration
Policies and Procedures
Real Estate Law
West Travis County Public Utility Agency, Bee Cave, Texas October, 2012 – August, 2017
District Engineer. Public Utility Agency having more than 7,000 retail connections and 14 wholesale customers for public drinking water (previously owned by the Lower Colorado River Authority). Contact for public and customers, Key Adviser to the Board of Directors and General Manager and leader on agency’s planning team. Perform a multitude of engineering related duties including but not limited to Project Manager of the Capital Improvement Projects (CIPs), review and processing of Service Extension Requests (SER) Applications, review of water and sewer plans, performing engineering design services, oversight of WTCPUA water and sewer plant operations and providing technical support and information services to external customers of the WTCPUA.
· Responsible for developing plan and completed implementation of the Board’s directive to remove privatized operations and install full in-house operations, all in a six week time-frame. Resulted in operational cost saving of $2M annually.
· Responsible for planning and implementation of activities to repair a sole source 30” raw water line from Lake Austin to the WTP in 37 hours without losing drinking water tap supply to any customer.
· Led team for the design and installation of 10000 lf of 20” pipe including a 20”- 800’ directional bore and easement acquisition.
· Management of the planning, design and the construction of a 1MG EST.
· Oversight of the planning and environmental permitting of a 30” water line by the USFWS.
· Management the team for planning, design and construction of a 12”-6000 lf wastewater force main.
· Direct responsibility for the maintenance of all infrastructure valued at more than $200M.
Patriot Erectors, Inc. Dripping Springs, Texas March, 2009 to 2011
Staff Field Engineer/Surveyor. Organized and led a team of experts in documentation and verification of technical engineering, performance of designs, and fabrication and erection of structural steel statewide in Texas.
Engineers-Texas, Inc. Dripping Springs, Texas August, 2005 to October, 2012
Principal. Business Leader, sole shareholder, Chief Engineer/Surveyor, Marketing and Client touch point for large scale multi-use residential/commercial land development in Hays County, Texas.
· Project Manager and key advisor of a major proto-typical, environmentally challenged land development. Orchestrated selection and planning efforts of a team of private service providers for the design and regulatory permitting, oversight for preparation of development manual, key advisor to all Owner decisions and lobbied local and state regulatory authorities. Results: A $300M project was authorized and permitted for construction.
· Responsible for the authorization of drinking water for this community from the Lower Colorado River Authority.
K.C. Engineering, Inc. Austin, Texas August, 1986 to August, 2005
Principal. Corporate Leader and Business Leader and Project Manager, shareholder, office and field operations manager, design engineer and client contact, primary land surveyor, primary consultant for all construction projects, expert witness, project liaison at city, county and state review hearings with a staff of 65 and a fee volume of $4M. Conceptual planning, design and construction of residential, institutional, commercial and heavy highway projects in Texas.
· Licensed Registered Professional Land Surveyor. One of the first individuals in Texas to be tested under national testing standards for land surveyors, and became one of a handful of individuals holding dual licenses as a Civil Engineer and Surveyor in Texas.
· Led the company into the public services market. Evaluated client and company manpower needs, company financial exposure, organized technical teams and acquired equipment, prepared competitive proposal. Secured the first major service contract with the Texas Department of Transportation, Results: For a period of 15 years, won more than 30 contracts and expanded business to more than $4M in service fees annually.
· Chosen to represent the engineering interests of the fastest growing county in Texas and the United States. Supported technical needs of contemplated bond proposal, served in the leadership in the County`s first public works bond initiative in over 20 years and their largest to that date and actively marketed voter authorization of the proposal. Results: Awarded contract to design and construction oversight of more than 25 miles of new construction roadways.
· Mitigated the loss of devastating property value from a Texas community. As the Chief Engineer and Hydrologist, recognized errors embedded in a federal government study of multiple waterways and resultant overstated floodplain of an entire county. Planned steps for appeal, prepared study identifying error and corrective results and processed plan for review by the federal government. Results: Secured approval of the federal government for the modified study and amended regulatory floodplain mapping as the basis for floodplain based land use controls and salvaged $300M of taxable property value in the community.
· Responsible Engineer-In-Charge for the design and construction a 24”waterline for the City of Austin Water Utility.
· Responsible Engineer-In-Charge of the planning, design and construction of a 24” Wastewater Line in a 840’ Bore with placement completed with a rail system for the City of Marble Falls.
· Created a new subsidiary company. Studied market needs in more rural areas, prepared budgets for new office, secured financing, hired technical personnel and marketed new company. Results: Expanded market area presence and allowed entry into the public sector engineering market.
· Created a new subsidiary company for research and development. Prepared business plan, managed the presentation of project to investment interests and oversaw design. Results: Constructed a proto-type of an environmentally sustainable wall product.
· Sold a successful engineering business. As CEO and President, created Performa of the company, established a marketing plan, designed and implemented advertising and marketing efforts, represented the company to multiple prospective private parties, and identified an interested and qualified purchaser. Results: Negotiated an asset purchase agreement and successful seamless transition.
Dennick and Harris Engineering, Inc. Austin, Texas August, 1982 to August, 1986
Vice President. Senior Design Consultant, contract preparation and negotiation, engineering staff and field supervisor, traffic design consultant, design and planning consultant, client liaison for a staff of 60. Staff Engineer. Construction Plan Design (Roadway/Drainage/Water/Wastewater). Traffic Impact Analysis, Water and Wastewater Systems.
· Supervised operational management of consulting engineering, created operational budget, directed a professional staff of 55 having a service fee volume of $3M and served as the primary client liaison. Results: Promoted to Chief Operations Engineer in less than 4 years.
· Challenged with the regulatory approval of an environmentally diverse project. Directed staff support, devised and computed a complete environmental solution and conducted intensive political lobbying efforts. Results: A contingent record land sale of this environmentally sensitive project in Austin was completed.
Brown & Root, Inc. Bay City, Texas January, 1980 to January, 1981
Design Technician. Secondary Structural Steel Design for Electrical Cable Trays on the South Texas Project (Nuclear). On-site design documents, As-build document preparation, change-order management liaison with field erectors.
Education & Training
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas 1982
Texas Registered Professional Engineer No 60464, since 1986
Texas Registered Professional Surveyor No. 4763, since 1989