Resume – David Crawford
• Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering, University of Washington (UW), 2014
• Dean’s List for 2 quarters
• Relevant coursework: Structural-Geotechnical Capstone, Elementary Structures I&II, Reinforced Concrete, Design of Metal Structures (Steel), Structural Masonry, Foundation Design, Open-Channel Flow, Construction Engineering, Hydrology & Hydraulics, GIS For Civil Engineers, Intro to Computer-Aided Design (AutoCAD), Visualization and Computer-Aided Design (SolidWorks), Technical Writing
Summary of Qualifications:
• Engineer in Training (EIT) certified; Professional Engineer (PE) license in progress
• Construction monitoring and inspection experience: steel reinforcement, lateral wood framing, proprietary anchors, pin pipe piles, helical anchors, temporary and permanent shoring, driven-beam retaining walls, augered concrete pile construction, ultrablocks, concrete placement
• Training and basic familiarity with engineering codes: ASCE 7, ACI 318, AISC Steel Const. Manual, Surface Water Design Manual, Stormwater Management Manual For Western WA, Standard Specifications
• Engineering analysis experience: down drag analysis, Mononobe-Okabe method for retaining walls, liquefaction analysis, slope stability using Geostudio 2012 Slope/W, Site Class determination per ASCE 7
• Experience reading plans, reviewing shop drawings, and working with contract documents, manuals, and specifications
• Trained in MATLAB programming software for engineering applications
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• Proficient in oral and written communication
Previous Work Experience:
• Staff Engineer, Geotech Consultants
August 2018 to April 2020 (laid-off due to lack of construction work during COVID-19 epidemic)
Description: Monitor earthwork, shoring, and foundation construction activities, and document these activities in daily field reports. Provide oversight for subsurface investigations. Prepare geotechnical reports with recommendations for earthwork, foundations, retaining walls, construction near steep slopes, erosion control, and subsurface drainage. Perform lab testing as needed.
• Staff Engineer, GEO Group Northwest // Nelson Geotechnical Associates
May 2017 to April 2018 // April 2018 to August 2018
Description: Provide geotechnical consulting services for mostly small-scale residential projects. Perform geological analysis using geological maps, topographical data, existing reports, and data collected in the field, and present findings and recommendations in geotechnical engineering reports. Conduct inspection and monitoring of earthwork and foundation construction activities as needed.
• Engineer-in-Training, Krazan and Associates
September 2015 to May 2017
Description: Provide inspection and material testing services for various construction activities: concrete placement, proprietary anchors, soil and asphalt compaction, steel reinforcement, and wood framing.
• Assistant Inspector (Temporary), WA State Department of Transportation (WSDOT)
July 2014 to June 2015
Description: Assist project inspectors with construction inspection tasks. Write field reports that record contractor’s activities, and field note records that calculate pay owed to the contractor. Conduct lab tests on aggregate material, concrete tests in the field for concrete acceptance, and compaction tests on soil using a nuclear density gauge following AASHTO standards.
Community Service Experience:
• Eagle Scout Award