Kevin A. Hollar PLS
502 Windswept Drive
Asheville NC, 28801 USA
+1-828-989-0153 USA Cell
Professional Surveyor / Field Engineer
Construction / Mining / Transportation / Energy Sectors
A diversified & motivated professional surveyor with 30 years of commercial / government / contract / survey experience in the US & abroad, possessing solid technical and management experience with the ability to train, mentor & motivate subordinates and coworkers. I am a highly adaptable field-to-finish surveyor/project manager with proven ability to guide and manage civil & heavy construction surveying projects from inception to completion. I am an articulate and collaborative communicator with a talent for problem solving, team building and establishing productive, collaborative relationships with co-workers, clients, communities, project managers and design professionals. I have a proven ability to oversee completion of all survey directives on-time and within-budget, with strict adherence to HSE & HSSE standards and established workflow procedures.
• EPC Project Management / Oversight • Robotics / Conventional Surveying
• Field Engineering / Civil Surveying • GPS / GNSS / RTK
• Troubleshooting / Problem Solving • Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR)
• Employee training / Mentoring • AutoCad Civil 3D 2011-2016
• Team Building • Hydrographic Surveying
LICENSURE / CERTIFICATIONS
North Carolina Professional Land Surveyor License #4239
Tennessee Professional Land Surveyor License #2559
Arizona Professional Land Surveyor License #65007
B.Sc. Criminal Justice
Appalachian State University, Boone, North Carolina
Basic GPR and Introduction to Radan
Exploration Instruments Inc.
Theory and Practice of Sub-surface Interface Radar
in Engineering and Geophysical Investigations
Geophysical Survey Systems, Incorporated
Manchester, New Hampshire
40 HR Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response
National Environmental Trainers
• Heavy Construction Layout / Road / Bridge / Rail
• Government / Private Boundary resolution
• 1A & 2C Cell Tower Certification and Site Surveys
• Oil & Gas Construction Tank Farm / Pipeline Routes
• Telecommunication Tower Azimuth / As built Surveys
• D.O.T. (Dept. of Transportation) Right-of-Ways
• Brownfield’s Location & Mapping.
• Geotechnical Survey & Mapping
• Areal Control Surveys
• Deformation Surveys
• Flood Corridor Mapping & Elevation Certification (LOMA/LOMR)
• Subsurface Investigation Utilizing (GPR) Ground Penetrating Radar Methodology
• GIS Inventory Surveys
• Water / Sewer / Gas Infrastructure
• Power Line Distribution Systems
• Archaeological / Cultural Preservation Site Mapping
• Early Works layout (Oil & Gas)
• Civil Design As-Builts
• Topography / DTM Modeling
• Beach Renourishment
• Dredging Inshore / Near shore
• Hydrographic Surveys
• Demining / UXO Mapping
Contract Professional Surveyor
(Serving projects throughout the US & Abroad)
Clients: Lithko Contracting, Tower Engineering Professionals, Southern Concrete.
Providing all phases of survey services, including, but not limited to site layout for concrete and steel components. As-built surveys, Cell site surveys, 1A/2C certifications. Topographic surveys, boundary reconciliation, flood certifications, ALTA Surveys, etc..
New Belgium Brewery/AB-Techicanal College
August 2013- December 2015
(Lithko Contracting Inc.)
New Belgium Brewery: East Coast Distribution facility, a state-of-the-art $175 mil., seven (7) year brewery & greenway project located on the French Broad River in Asheville NC.
Daily duties include establishment and QA/QC of site/grid control, calculation & layout for all structural/architectural/foundation elements:
● Anchor bolts
● Cap Beams
● Spread footings
● Grade beams
● Pile caps
● Slab on grade
LUKOIL MID-EAST LTD.
Reef Tower, JLT
Level 24, 32-34
P.O. Box 115738
Lead Construction Surveyor (Contract) April 2012-May 2013
West Qurna 2 Oil Field, Basra Province, Iraq.
● QA / QC surveying of Tank Farm & Pipeline construction survey activities.
● Monitor progress and provide survey bench mark control for 325 KM Pipeline corridor.
● Adhere to safety policies and procedures for hostile territory operations.
● Monitor and track De-mining activities and track / report daily progress.
● Attend Weekly De-mining meetings and interface with UXO Team leaders.
● Attend Weekly construction meetings and interface with Civil Engineers.
● Responsible for QA/QC of all topographic GPS survey activities.
● Produce daily / weekly as-built & construction progress drawings.
1650 Tysons Blvd. Suite 1700
McLean Virginia USA 22102
Global U.S. Government Contractor providing top tier leadership, technical, logistical services and support to defense, aerospace and information systems sectors.
Lead Project Surveyor (Contract) 2011-2012
Camp Arifjan, Camp Buehring, Camp Virginia, (Kuwait)
● Provided timely, high quality data acquisition for design / GIS professionals.
● Adhere to ITT HSE policies and procedures
● Responsible for production & QA/QC of all deliverables.
● Established collaborative relationships with PM’s and support staff.
● Facilitate communication and data exchange between departments.
● Provide support services for US Army Corps of Engineers.
The Pesterfield Group
370 N. Louisiana Ave.
Asheville NC 28803
Privately held Civil Design firm providing high quality civil engineering, land surveying, and sub-surface imaging & investigation services to municipal, state, federal, and private entities.
Director of Surveying June 2001-Dec. 2009
● Created survey division from ground up.
● Optimized divisions operations and profits.
● Promoted employee loyalty, professionalism and fiscal accountability.
● Provided staff mentoring and training.
● Established & Implemented Survey field procedure, office protocol and data management.
● Strengthened Professional relationships through 1-on-1 marketing.
● Performed weekly billing review & time sheet audits.
● Prepared contracts and cost estimates.
● Determined proper allocation of resources.
MILLER SURVEYING, INC.
328 4th St
Hickory, North Carolina
Privately owned land surveying company that specializes in ALTA surveys, boundary surveys, construction staking, elevation certificates, topographical surveys, and estate division.
Vice President / General Manager 1987-2001
● Provided professional supervision / oversight of all survey crew activities.
● Produced cost benefit analysis for justification / acquisition of new survey technologies.
● Performed expert witness testimony for construction litigation / mediation / arbitration.
● Responsible for field-to-finish survey activities and deliverables.
Leica Powerbox/Power Antenna/1200GG
Trimble R8/R7/SPS 5800
Topcon GR3/ Hiper-Pro
Leica TC 1200
Topcon GPT 9000
Autocad Civil 3D 2013-2018
Trimble Business Center (TBC)
Trimble Geomatics Office (TGO)
Tripod Data Systems (TDS)
Microsoft Office Suite
Topcon FC 250
TDS Ranger 400NX/Recon
MicroSurvey Field Genius
Ground Penetrating Radar:
GSSI (Geophysical Survey Systems Inc
SIR-3000 (Subsurface Interface Radar)
400 & 1500 mghtz Antenna
RADAN Processing (MS-Windows) Software
Odom Echotrac DF 3200 MKII & MK III Dual frequency Echo sounder
HYPAC Hydrographic software for Windows