I am a highly accomplished project management professional who brings over 18 years of experience within the construction and water resources industries to the table. Over that time, I have built a strong track record of success of managing all phases of multidisciplinary projects with annual values up to and over $15M and delivering annual company growth rate of up to 25%.
In my roles as a Project Manager and Director of Operations, I have excelled at building, training, and optimizing the performance of skilled project teams that continually meet or exceed client and organizational expectations. I have always focused on maintaining effective communication pipelines with my teams and ensuring they have the resources and direction necessary to exceed expectations and deliver projects on time and under budget
As a top leader, I am skilled at pioneering business service expansions in new markets. While with The Pressure Pipe Inspection Company, I succeeded in opening up the market in Mexico representing over 35% of overall company revenue, which significantly increased the company services portfolio across Mexico and Latin America
Another core strength has been my ability to collaborate with key project stakeholders to drive unified approaches to ensure projects meet all milestones, deadlines, and budget requirements. At all times, I am focused on driving continuous improvement to increase company profit margins, maximize productivity, and achieve maximum client satisfaction.
My credentials include a Master of Business Management as well as professional accreditation (Mexico) as a Civil Engineer. Multilingual: fluent in English and Spanish.
I am currently in search of the next great career challenge. My goal is to add outstanding value to a company through my creative & dynamic leadership, exceptional project management skills, and proven ability to promote effective collaboration to achieve powerful results.
Directed operations covering a portfolio that averaged between 15-20 water resources projects a year managed by 5+ Project Managers. Led, trained and optimized the performance of skilled project teams executing all phases of engineering and construction projects. Instrumental in controlling all project planning, bidding, engineering, budgeting, and costs.
• Transformed and orchestrated project management internal processes to significantly improve project planning & execution, budget, and increase project margins for each project.
• Succeeded in sustained growth project value incomes 25% every year while maintaining overall project values up to and over $20M USD every year for the last 4 years.
• Directed and organized daily department operations, continually striving to optimize workflow, maximize productivity, and ensure project deliverables were achieved.
• Oversaw and delivered key insights to support the development of bid proposals and requests for proposals (RFP).
• Expertly reviewed and negotiated contracts to subcontractors, providers, and suppliers.
• Facilitated strong communication pipelines with clients, executive leadership, department heads, managers, supervisors, contractors, and other key project stakeholders to drive project success.
• Headed project financial statements (budgets, forecasts, cash flow), activity reports, and other key data to measure productivity and institute changes where necessary to keep operations at peak proficiency.
• Leveraged expert analysis to identify ways to reduce costs and improve operations across all project areas.
Coordinated and directed project teams executing a wide range of international projects, partnering with area managers to ensure human, equipment, and material resources met necessary levels to ensure successful project completion within timeline and budgetary parameters.
• Opened up the market in Mexico representing over 35% of overall company revenue and significantly increased the company services portfolio across Mexico and Latin America.
• Traveled onsite to assess project requirements and create RFPs based on in-depth analysis of project feasibility and resources needs.
• Created work maps, planned/coordinated each phase, and provided detailed schedules for each project.
• Liaised regularly with the client, department heads, contractors, and others to foster a collaborative spirit and quickly resolve any issues encountered.
• Managed operating budgets & expenditures and continually tracked labor & project costs vs. budgeted costs.
• Evaluated and approved field reports while serving as a key resource to support field technicians and delivering updates on project performance to clients at different junctures.
Brought onboard by the organization to take an active role in field quality control across multiple engineering areas including developing field tests for construction materials and conducting inspections of structural frames for industrial buildings.
• Assigned fulltime to a major project building an industrial park with full accountability for checking steel reinforcement for tilt-up panels, castings, erection, and mounting as well as slab-on-grade.
• Supervised and facilitated for reviewing and approving various project design changes and regularly meeting with the Project Manager to discuss project specifications and/or procedures.
• Served as liaison to clients, presenting and clarifying project proposals, reports, or findings.