Mahdi Pour-Rouholamin, Ph.D., EIT
· Seasoned traffic engineer with industry experience, robust scientific academic knowledge, and enhanced problem-solving skills
· Strong leadership and project management skills in coordinating team members, completing projects, and disseminating outcomes to clients in 7 successfully managed projects
· Effective relationship builder and business development enthusiast capable of interacting with clients, working with multiple project managers, coaching junior staff, and contributing to a productive and pleasant work environment
TRAFFIC ENGINEER – Grice Consulting Group, Atlanta, GA Sep. 2016 – Present
Served as traffic engineer in a small, friendly firm with the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects (either as the manager or a key team member) as well as business development. Gained considerable hands-on experience while attaining a thorough understanding of transportation industry needs and regulations by working on 2 corridor studies, 4 traffic signal timing studies, 2 planning studies, 1 traffic impact study, and 1 ITS project. Key Achievements:
· Excellent project management skills in directing 3 traffic-related projects and completing them on time and within budget.
· Successfully modeled and analyzed 4 corridors and 30+ intersections for design purposes and operational analyses using industry software packages, including Synchro, SimTraffic, HCS, VISSIM, and SIDRA.
· Collected various data and prepared GIS maps in support of planning projects and public involvement.
· Trained and mentored new team members (2 interns and 1 engineer) on new tasks to expedite the progress of assigned projects in a fast-paced environment.
· Applied prior working knowledge of various manuals and guidelines, including the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD), AASHTO Green Book, Highway Safety Manual (HSM), ITE Trip Generation, and Roadside Design Guide.
· Strengthened business development aspects of the company by participating in networking events and pre-proposal meetings, preparing proposals and final bid documents for 30+ solicitations by several DOTs, drafting scope of work, and securing more than $300K in project funding.
· Improved safety and crash analysis portion of projects by bringing extensive crash data analysis experience using national and state-level crash datasets and a variety of statistical methods to identify contributing factors and come up with sound countermeasures.
· Visualized and presented project results in an understandable manner for clients and the general public using AutoCAD, MicroStation, PowerPoint, and ArcGIS.
RESEARCH ASSOCIATE/ASSISTANT – Auburn University & SIU Aug. 2012 – Sep. 2016
Postdoctoral research associate and doctoral research assistant, serving as the manager for 4 federally- and state-funded projects related to traffic operation and safety and as a key team member for several other projects. These projects encompassed diverse areas, including traffic and safety studies, parking studies, pedestrian and bike facilities and planning, and autonomous and connected vehicles. Key Achievements:
· Led a team of seven research assistants by organizing weekly group meetings, assigning project tasks, and helping them with their doctoral and Master’s theses.
· Co-organized the 2013 National Wrong-Way Driving Summit at Southern Illinois University.
· Designed two 4-hour workshops for Illinois and Alabama DOTs and FHWA to train more than 100 state employees and engineers on new traffic regulations and safety guidelines.
· Delivered 25+ presentations at 10+ national and international conferences, evidencing strong verbal communication skills.
· Authored 50+ publications, including technical reports, executive summaries, and papers, evidencing solid written communication skills.
· Managed 4 projects totaling $480K in funding, providing progress reports, and presenting results to clients.
· Excellent proposal development and grant writing skills, with 3 winning proposals securing $110K in project funding.
· Spearheaded a traffic safety study for Illinois DOT, leading to a $7M statewide safety initiative.
TRAFFIC ENGINEER – City of Anzali Jun. 2011 – Jul. 2012
Traffic engineer responsible for helping other senior staff with various projects to gradually build understanding of the industry. Helped with a variety of projects, including traffic studies, signal timing improvement, and intersection improvement. Key Achievements:
· Gained hands-on experience of traffic data collection in the field, including turning movement count, geometric characteristics, and control devices.
· Performed traffic simulations and operational analyses using Synchro and provided site-specific measures to improve the functionality of intersections and roadway segments.
· Drafted technical reports, progress reports, and technical memoranda for projects.
· Effectively interacted with clients, scheduled meetings, and prepared minutes of meetings.
AUBURN UNIVERSITY Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) – Transportation Engineering / 2013-2016
SEMNAN UNIVERSITY Master of Science (M.Sc.) – Transportation Engineering / 2007-2009
AZAD UNIVERSITY Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) – Civil Engineering / 2003-2007
· Team Management
· Relationship Builder
· Team Player
· Oral Presentation
· Microsoft Office
· Traffic Simulation
PROFESSIONAL LICENSES AND CERTIFICATION
· Engineer-in-Training (EIT)
· Registered to take Civil – Transportation PE Exam in April 2018