Civil Structural engineer licensed in Canada with 20+ years’ experience working on diverse projects looking for opportunity in Texas, USA. Capable of analysis, design, drawing, specification, site review, assessment, technical report, contract administration and expert testimony of municipal, urban, industrial and infrastructure projects for new build, addition, alteration and renovations. Eligible for PE license in Texas through NAFTA. Work well with teams and grasp new technical information rapidly.
2015 – Present, Senior Civil Structural Engineer, McBel Engineering Ltd.
· City of Vaughan – Woodbridge Yard – Lead Structural Engineer for design and construction for the emergency major structural restoration of severely compromised Salt Dome.
· City of Vaughan – Structural Condition Assessment – Lead Structural Engineer for the inspection and structural condition assessment of four (4) salt/sand storage domes of maintenance facilities.
· Hotel Holiday Inn, Toronto – Interior modification – Lead Structural Engineer to Architect for renovations to 15-storied hotel building structure including openings through concrete shear walls.
· Infrastructure Ontario – LHI Relocation Dorval Drive Oakville – Lead Structural Engineer to Architect for structural review of structural load capacity for installation of HDF system.
· Infrastructure Ontario – Ministry of Finance, Queen’s Park – Lead Structural Engineer to Architect for review of Frost Building for increasing live loads to 160 USF.
· 22 Bellbrook Rd – New house construction – Site review for architectural & structural defects in construction and issue technical report.
· Urbancorp – Mixed use condominium, Lisgar St Toronto – Review existing structure and concept design and budgetary cost estimate for an addition of floor in high rise mixed use building.
· Infrastructure Ontario – Ministry of Finance, King St W Oshawa – Lead Structural Engineer to Architect for review of the floor structure for new floor openings for passing service pipes.
· 22 Bellbrook Rd – New house construction – Design and construction support for additional reinforcement of engineered wood roof trusses due to increased superimposed dead loads of tiles.
· IPS Corporation, Mississauga – Engineer of Record for design for integration of 2 units for office, AODA accessibility, large openings in load bearing walls, ramp, handrails, barrier-free washroom.
· Region of Peel – Tall Pines Long Term Care Facility – Lead Structural Engineer to GAL Power for design of self-supported structural stack on 2nd floor, for 450 kW emergency standby generator.
2008 – 2015, Senior Structural Engineer, R.V. Anderson & Associates Ltd, Toronto
· Regional Municipality of Niagara – Dominion Road SPS – Lead Structural Engineer for design & construction of sewage pumping station. This project has won best project of the year 2016 by OPWA in structural category $2M-$10M.
· Regional Municipality of Durham – Thornton Zone 1 Feedermain – Lead Structural Engineer for the design and construction of trenchless construction crossing HWY401, for passing 1200 mm concrete pressure pipe (CPP). Tunneling was done using MTBM.
· Regional Municipality of Halton – Zone 3 Water Main – Lead Structural Engineer for design and construction of cast-in-place valve chambers for 900/1200 mm water main.
· Regional Municipality of Halton – Fourth Line Zone 5 Booster Pumping Station – Lead Structural Engineer for design and construction of pumping station including crane runway in Milton.
· City of Toronto – Cherry Street Reconstruction – Lead Structural Engineer for design & construction of Cherry Street between Lakeshore Boulevard and King Street. Included TTC street car rail-tracks, retaining walls, traction & light standard pole bases, WM, STM, SAN & combined sewer.
· Regional Municipality of Halton – Neyagawa Zone-4 Booster PS – Lead Structural Engineer for design and construction of Zone-4 Booster Pumping Station including crane runway in Oakville.
· Regional Municipality of Waterloo – Middleton Water Supply – Structural Engineer for construction support for a new water treatment plant for the treatment of groundwater.
· Regional Municipality of Niagara – Decew Falls WTP – Lead Structural Engineer for the structural condition assessment of complete WTP including intake works.
· City of Hamilton – New Backwash Line – Structural Engineer for construction support for a stand-alone backwash line at Hamilton WTP.
· Municipality of Port Hope – Zone 2 Upgrades – Structural Engineer for the peer design review of a 2400 m3 capacity elevated water storage tank.
· City of Hamilton – Woodward WTP – Lead Structural Engineer for design and construction of the room addition for chlorine tonner facility including provision of monorail.
· City of Greater Sudbury – Levack Water Supply Upgrade – Structural Engineer responsible for peer design review of a 3000 m3 capacity elevated water storage tank.
· Regional Municipality of Niagara – Smithville SPS Upgrades – Lead Structural Engineer for design and construction of sewage pumping station upgrade.
· City of Orillia – Orillia WWTC Process Optimization and Tertiary Treatment – Structural Engineer for the design of tertiary building at WWTC.
· Regional Municipality of Durham – Corbett Creek WPCP Digesters Upgrade – Lead Structural Engineer for the design of the digester upgrades including one new digester.
· Regional Municipality of Niagara – Victoria Avenue Sewage Pumping Station – Lead Structural Engineer for the design of SPS capacity upgrade.
· County of Oxford – Embro & Innerkip Sewage Pumping Stations – Lead Structural Engineer for design & construction of sewage pumping station at both locations.
· Municipality of Waterloo – Hespeler WWTP – Lead Structural Engineer for design & construction of pumping station with tight timelines to meet a federal funding deadline.
· Regional Municipality of Durham – Rosebank SPS – Lead Structural Engineer for design and construction of Rosebank Sanitary Sewage Pumping Station.
· Regional Municipality of Niagara – Condition Assessment – Lead Structural Engineer for condition assessment of Anger Avenue Wastewater Treatment Plant.
· City of Orillia – James Street PS Standby Power – Lead Structural Engineer for design & construction of structural concrete pad on helical piles to support standby generator.
· Regional Municipality of Niagara – Ontario Street SPS Upgrade – Lead Structural Engineer for the design and construction of sewage pumping station capacity upgrade.
2006 – 2008, Civil & Structural Engineer, Virtual Engineers, Richmond Hill
· Dynamotive Energy Systems – Bio Oil Plant, Guelph – Design site plan, site grading and services plan, culvert under rail track, fire protection and suppression system and fire department connection.
· Atomic Energy of Canada Limited – Feasibility Study for Training Facility – Preliminary architectural & structural design of Metallurgical Laboratory.
· American Electric Power Mitchell Plant, Ohio – By-pass Duct – Structural design of 20’ x 18’ bypass duct (200’ long) for reducing flue gas pressure drop in flow.
· Ontario Science Centre, Toronto – Walking on Mars – Structural design of support structure for simulation of Walking on Mars.
· Erie Flooring & Wood products, West Lorne – Onix Boiler System – Lead structural engineer for foundation design of elevated silo, hammer-mill, burner, boiler, self-supported stack etc.
1989 – 2003, Engineer, Indian Railways, Calcutta, India
· Indian Railways – Various locations – engineer responsible for design and construction for major renovations, additions, buildings (residential, institutional, industrial & commercial), structures, roads, embankment, water & sanitary etc. for railway facilities.
· B. E. Civil Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur, India, 1987
· Professional Design Engineering, Maple Leaf College, Toronto, Canada 2006
· Registered Professional Engineer, Province of Ontario (PEO), Canada, since 2007
· Registered BCIN holder of Ministry of Municipal Affairs & Housing, since 2006
· Member of Canadian Society for Civil Engineering (CSCE)
Additional Training and Development
· Ontario Building Code Identification Number (BCIN) for Large Buildings, Building Structural, Small Buildings and House, 2006
· Integrated Training on Building, Bridge & Rail Track at Indian Railway Institute of Civil Engineering, Pune, 1998 (Gold Medalist)
· AutoCAD, Revit, Civil 3D
· Microsoft Office suite, MS Project