310-482-9150 • email@example.com
What I’m All About
Business & Brand Development
Project & Team Management
Public Relations & Social Media
What I’ve Done So Far
Rare BIRD, Los Angeles, CA 2020-2021
Associate Director of Publishing
Managed the development of a variety of publishing opportunities and products; negotiated contracts; acted as editing and marketing strategist; and held a role in campaign management and development.
· Identified new partners to create financing, investments, licensing, co-sponsorship and new project initiatives within current assets as well.
· Oversaw and managed product development through all stages.
· Directed and cultivated all marketing efforts, including analyzing effectiveness of paid, owned and earned exposure.
· Established and grew partnerships with remainder companies, distributors, retailers and wholesalers.
MUSIC FOR GOOD/M4G, Los Angeles, CA 2012-2021
Chief Marketing Officer
Developed and executed sales and marketing initiatives for start-up marketing agency which connects brands with creative performing artists and charities to produce mutually beneficial, all-inclusive campaigns.
· Secured initial investment to support company launch in 2012.
· Provided creative consulting services to all clients, including direct brand messaging, PR and product launch initiatives and special event planning.
· Generated multiple national brand accounts through extensive prospecting efforts.
HARMONY PROJECT, Los Angeles, CA 2017-2021
Developed, implemented and executed strategic marketing plans for music education non-profit to engage digital media, convert customers and increase charitable donations. Strategized to improve event activations by expanding the company footprint at additional trade shows, festivals and record fairs.
· Increased digital media engagement by 20% within the first six months.
· Built consumer conversion rate up by 15% within the first six months.
· Cultivated social media followers across multiple platforms by 25%.
· Oversaw the acquisition of 20% new donors, retention of 25% of donors and increased out-of-state donations by 10%.
· Increased donations by 10% and led initiative to grow email subscriptions by 20%.
Project Angel Food, Los Angeles, CA 2016-2020
Director of Communications
Managed organization’s internal/external communications activities including advertising, marketing, media relations etc. Directed and oversaw communications programs to promote the organization and its events.
· Oversaw the creation, budgeting and implementation of strategic and creative direction for all internal and external marketing communications.
· Lead social media efforts, public relations and advertising campaigns in support of fundraising including special events, fundraising campaigns.
· Headed efforts to inform the community and target audience about programs and services.
· Chief stakeholder for all charity marketing activities and providing supervision to third-party communication agencies.
Under the Radar Magazine, Los Angeles, CA 2002-2012
Publisher and Director of Marketing and Sales
Directed all aspects of sales and marketing operations for national consumer music magazine, including client relations and new business development; created marketing materials for the media kit, rate cards, press releases and reader surveys; and organized nationwide promotional events and music showcases at the SXSW Music Festival and the CMJ Music Marathon.
· Oversaw 300% revenue growth.
· Implemented corporate sponsor events, netting more income than all other revenue streams combined.
· Increased paid circulation by 80% and distribution outlets by 60%.
· Negotiated all sales and marketing contracts.
· Managed part-time support staff.
What I’ve Studied
BA – Communications, California State University, Fullerton
PA Board Member and Vice President, Communications at Hollywood Schoolhouse
Board Member of Music Label Partnerships at Harmony Project
Avid music collector, voracious reader — yet terrible parallel parker