General Construction Project Engineer with 4 years of experience in structural forensic evaluation, value Engineering, and efficient structural design. Performed over 500 structural (framing and foundation), drainage, and site inspections and investigations, preparing thorough Engineering reports and proposals for all assigned field inspections, based on solid engineering judgment. Managed construction field team sizes 3-10 people on complex structural repair projects. In collaboration with other staff Engineers, performed over 100 structural design projects, including concrete and wood framing repair designs, foundation underpinning and stabilization design, seismic retrofit design, grading, and drainage design.
Unique multi-industry experience – construction, surveying, estimating, design, operations, accounting – including knowledge of broad work practices. Core competencies include Project Design, Project Scoping, Project Management, Estimating, Structural forensic investigation and evaluation, Expense Management, Budgeting, Wood and Concrete design, Seismic retrofit, Client Relations.
Shipping and Port Engineering. Specialization – Sea Ports Management
Identified, designed and implemented cost-effective structural solutions on to the challenges presented to SF Bay Area clients by the areas with highly expansive clay soils and the erosion processes associated with the hillside topography. Daily collaboration with a multidisciplinary Engineering team to develop cost-effective, schedules, and plans for complex projects. Procuring, overseeing and managing permit requirements for various construction and Engineering projects according to California building code and municipal code regulations, schedules and needs.
• Performed detailed reconnaissance and forensic evaluation of foundations and drainage systems for residential, commercial and industrial buildings.
• Prepared and presented detail and thorough engineering reports, estimates and proposals for all assigned field inspections.
• Designed and developed construction plans from conceptual designs and details for various projects utilizing AutoCAD.
• Completed detailed wood, steel and concrete structural repair designs consisting of footings, beams, columns, headers, etc.
• Oversaw the planning, design, permitting, construction and close out of a small to midsize projects, from their beginning to their end.